I have really enjoyed this second full season of running my own show. Although I have been guiding, instructing, and teaching for quite sometime now, it is sometimes hard to believe that whatever I choose to plan, I can work hard and make it happen. Here are some of the things we have been up to this spring and summer.
- Instructor staff training for Outward Bound, it was sure fun pushing the limits of their tripping canoes on Class 2 and 3.
- A super fun adult spring break trip to Asheville, NC and several fine rivers that we paddled. Oh, how I wish the North Fork was only 45 minutes away.
- A couple of really fun Savage Trips. The vansion was put to good use with an excellent full time shuttle driver.
- Working with City Kids DC before their summer programs.
- Rafting guiding with Scott Coulter at Outdoor Excursions. Scott is always willing to help out a fellow colleague.
- ACA Instructor courses with Mike Aronoff at CKAPCO. It is great to have mature professionals you can have a working relationship with.
- River Rescue and Safety Classes.
- Spring Training and several fun trips to the Stony River in PA.
- A couple of great Upper Yough trips with friends and guests.
- Although a very altered Rogue Trip due to forest fires, it was great fun exploring southern Oregon and Northern California and plotting out future adventures.
- Fun beginner clinics where we were able to introduce several paddlers to the thrill of whitewater kayaking.
Here are some of the things we have in store coming up in the coming days, weeks, and months.
- August 24/25 North Branch of the Potomac, Class 2+
- September 7/8 & 14/15 Lower Gauley and New River Weekends – Class 3+/4
- September 25 – October 2 Asheville, NC, Southeast Fall Edition – Class 2+-3+
- October 5 – Team River Runner Biathlon
- October 11-13 – ACA Kayak Instructor Course IDW
- October 19/20 – Advanced River Rescue Clinic
- October 25-7 – River Rescue Conference, Dillsboro, NC
- November 2/3 – Tohickon River Trip Weekend – Class 3
- Novmber 9/10 – ACA Kayak Instructor Update and Certification Workshop
Look for Dickerson workouts and pool rolling dates and times on our calendar page.
We return to Chile and the Futaleufu River
The trip runs from January 11-18, 2014
Our trip is all inclusive except for your travel to the town of Esquel. Your trip price includes everything from the time you step off the plane or bus in Esquel, Argentina from your arrival day to your departure and drop off. Sleep in comfort and luxury with at our friends ranch on the river, at H2OPatagonia .
The trip is focused on a progression to get Class 3+/4 paddlers on as many sections of the river as possible. Experience on pushier and larger volume rivers is quite beneficial. Class 3 paddlers will really enjoy the days on the rios’ Espolon, Azul, and Tigre. Non-paddlers can enjoy hikes, mountain bike rides, rafting, and inflatable kayaks. All will enjoy the great meals and full guide service. You can read more about the trip on our site at http://potomacriveroutfitters.com/Trips.html .