Having worked for many great companies and individuals over the years I thought it was time to offer a few classes and lessons under my own banner. Years of experience with several outfitters, observations of others, and years mentoring new paddlers and instructors will help us to create for you a unique on the water experience. Read what our clients have to say
A primary goal of Potomac River Outfitters is to provide a great learning environment and an intimate lesson experience. Teaching and sharing paddlesports provides a creative outlet for me and the instructors to share our knowledge, experience, and love of the outdoors. Our depth of experience paddling and teaching others to do so will help anyone enjoy our time together on the river. We are paddlers, guides, and instructors first and foremost.
What you get with us:
- Truly Small Classes – 3 students to 1 instructor or better for rolling classes and 4 to 1 or better for lessons and trips. We on occasion run a speciality class or event outside of this norm. The industry norm is 5 to 1.
- Very experienced instructors; I look at ACA Certification, Rescue Training, and First Aid as a great starting place. That said instructors here meet and/or exceed this very basic industry standard.
- Weekend lesson experiences. Pick a weekend and learn the basics here on the Potomac, you can then continue to refine things at your pace using our fun one day or weekend trips and evening clinics.
- Our accumulated industry knowledge and world wide connections can help you find the best paddling niche for you with new paddling friends and great learning and travel options.
- A supportive and safe atmosphere where you are encouraged to challenge yourself and be challenged.
- Super fun trips on which to learn and grow your paddling skill and confidence with seasoned guides and instructors.
- Honest Recommendations and advice, if we don’t think we are best suited to meet your goals or that you might have a better time elsewhere, we will advise you on other alternatives. We will also happily talk with you about acquiring gear and equipment, although we do not have a store.
Thank you for taking a look at us, we hope to see you on the river soon.